[R] R.app installer probs on Snow Leopard

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Aug 3 22:39:44 CEST 2011

Did you install R first? R.app is just a GUI around the actual R code
that could run without any assistance in a terminal session. Generally
one installs both R and R.app from the "super-bundle". Since you
provided no details of which .pkg files were chosen we are left
guessing.

(And this is really supposed to be posted to the MAC-SIG list, anyway.)

--
David.
On Aug 3, 2011, at 12:35 PM, Walter Ludwick wrote:

> Have tried to install R.app several times (6, in fact: versions
> 2.12, 13 & 14, both 32 and 64 bit versions), using packages

Names? Links?

> freshly downloaded from the official project page,

And that means what? The ATT page?  or the CRAN page?

> and failed every time, given exception reports such as the following
> (appended below, the 2 reports arising out of my 1st & 6th attempts).
>
> Machine & software version specifics are all contained therein.
>
> What am i missing, i wonder?

We don't know because so many details are still, .... missing.

> Any clues would be most appreciated -thanx!   /w

(Running R 2.13.1 on OSX 10.5.8)
--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT