[R] Display/show the evaluation result of R commands automatically

Anthony Ching Ho Ng anthony.ch.ng at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 16:42:08 CEST 2011

R-help and Barry

Thank you for your suggestions. It works, and may I ask how I am able
to do the opposite (disable the call back, so that I could control
when to show and suppress the output). I would like to make a function
to enable/disable the callback similar to the one as follow:

enableOutput <- function() {
         h <<- taskCallbackManager()
        h$add(function(expr, value, ok, visible)
{if(!visible){print(value)};TRUE})
}

disableOutput <- function() {
}

This shows output feature (and use '';" to suppress the output) is the
default behavior of Matlab which I find it quite useful (without
having to type in the variable name again every time to see the result
of the expression). So I am just curious to know how to do it in R.

Best Regards,

Anthony