[R] example package for devel newcomers

Brian Diggs diggsb at ohsu.edu
Mon Aug 1 21:48:16 CEST 2011

On 7/31/2011 6:24 PM, Alexandre Aguiar wrote:
> Em Domingo 31 Julho 2011, você escreveu:
>> My memory is that this question gets asked every few months and one of
>> the stock answers is to use the function 'package.skeleton' in the
>> utils package as a starting point.
>
> Got that from docs. And actually I already have most of the code written.
> My question addresses known tricks and impressions by experienced R
> interface programmers. This kind of stuff can be really useful. For
> instance, tricks are much better than docs when embedding php.
>
> Thanx.

Hadley Wickham is working on this sort of thing.  I know he has given a
master class on package development.  Some things related to that are on
the wiki associated with his devtools package:
https://github.com/hadley/devtools/wiki

--
Brian S. Diggs, PhD
Senior Research Associate, Department of Surgery