[R] Write.table Question

Ivan Calandra ivan.calandra at uni-hamburg.de
Mon Aug 1 17:59:54 CEST 2011

Hi Margaux,

Check the row.names and col.names arguments of write.table.
See ?write.table

write.table (dat, file = "/path/to/my/data.txt", sep = " ",
col.names=FALSE, row.names=FALSE)

HTH,
Ivan

Le 8/1/2011 17:18, Margaux Keller a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create an abbreviated data file from a larger version. I can
> use the subset command to create a value for this data:
>
> dat<-subset(raw.data, select=c(SNP, Pvalue))
>
>> head (dat)
>           SNP Pvalue
> 1 rs11 0.6516
> 2 rs12 0.3311
> 3 rs13 0.5615
>
> but when I try to write.table using:
>
> write.table (dat, file = "/path/to/my/data.txt", sep = " ", col.names=NA)
>
> I end up with a file that looks like this:
>
> "" "SNP" "Pvalue"
> "1" "rs11" 0.6516
> "2" "rs12" 0.3311
> "3" "rs13" 0.5615
>
> when what I want is something that looks like this:
>
> rs11   0.6516
> rs12   0.3311
> rs13   0.5615
>
> What should I be including?
>
> Thanks,
> Margaux
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Ivan CALANDRA
PhD Student
University of Hamburg
Biozentrum Grindel und Zoologisches Museum
Dept. Mammalogy
Martin-Luther-King-Platz 3
D-20146 Hamburg, GERMANY
+49(0)40 42838 6231