[R] Beta fit returns NaNs

baxy77 baxy at hi.htnet.hr
Mon Aug 1 10:33:09 CEST 2011

Hi,

sorry for repeating the question but this is kind of important to me and i
don't know whom should i ask.

So as noted before when I do a parameter fit to the beta distr i get:

fitdist(vectNorm,"beta");
Fitting of the distribution ' beta ' by maximum likelihood
Parameters:
         estimate Std. Error
shape1   2.148779  0.1458042
shape2 810.067515 61.8608126
Warning messages:
1: In dbeta(x, shape1, shape2, log) : NaNs produced
2: In dbeta(x, shape1, shape2, log) : NaNs produced
3: In dbeta(x, shape1, shape2, log) : NaNs produced
4: In dbeta(x, shape1, shape2, log) : NaNs produced
5: In dbeta(x, shape1, shape2, log) : NaNs produced
6: In dbeta(x, shape1, shape2, log) : NaNs produced

Now im my vector has cca 900 points. are those 6 error messages some thing
to be really concerned  or ???? what does it mean ??