[R] Plot frame color and linewidth

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Mon Aug 1 09:44:53 CEST 2011

marcel wrote:

> I have a figure with a lattice plot and a basic plot. Is there a way to
> select the color and line width of the surrounding boxes for each of
> these? I could not find any documentation on this.

Thanks for providing a nice self-contained example. There was nothing wrong
with it, but you can simplyfy your life with:

library(lattice)
xyplot(1~1, par.settings = list(axis.line=list(col="green")))

When lost in trellis space, I always do:

str(trellis.par.get())

For standard graphics, there is an example with gray color at the bottom of
the par-help page.

Dieter