[R] Use dump or write? or what?

Matt Curcio matt.curcio.ri at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 05:41:40 CEST 2011

Greetings all,
I am calculating two t-test values for each of many files then save it
to file calculate another set and append, repeat.
But I can't figure out how to write it to file and then append
subsequent t-tests.
(maybe too tired ;} )
I have tried to use "dump" and "file.append" to no avial.

ttest_results = tempfile()

two_sample_ttest <- t.test (tempA, tempB, var.equal = TRUE)
welch_ttest <- t.test (tempA, tempB, var.equal = FALSE)

dump (two_sample_ttest, file = "dumpdata.txt"", append=TRUE)
ttest_results <- file.append (ttest_results, two_sample_ttest)

Any suggestions,

Matt Curcio
M: 401-316-5358
E: matt.curcio.ri at gmail.com