[R] Plot multiple ctrees in the same figure

tudor tudor_bodea at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 29 11:04:04 CEST 2011

Dear all:

Is there a way one could plot two conditional inference trees (party
package, ctree) in a figure specified by layout?  My attempts failed as
plot.party seemed to take over the layout functionality and forced a single
ctree plot to be displayed.  A brief (non reproducible) example together
with the intended behavior follows below.  I hope I am not missing something
obvious.  My system: R2.12.2 on a Windows machine with party0.9-99991 and
partykit0.1-0.

Thanks.

Tudor

# CREATE ctrees
layout(matrix(c(1,2,0,2), 2, 2, byrow=TRUE), widths=c(1,2), heights=c(1,2))
plot(ctree1)                    # plot first ctree
plot(ctree2)                    # plot second ctree