[R] [R-SIG-Finance] Handling of irregular time series in lineChart

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Fri Apr 29 06:17:19 CEST 2011

chartSeries and its cousins plot each period as one observation.  all
observations have equal time.  It 'takes care of' irregular data by
assuming that the rate of information is equal to the number of
observations, which is a perfectly correct intuition and useful for many
things.  If you want instead to force a regular series, then you may do
that instead.

You could create bars, or use a different plotting mechanism.

Often, I will create regular bars (1 minute or even 1 second is
sufficient) from the raw price data, and then use some addTA
overplotting to plot items of interest.

Regards,

   - Brian

--