[R] Nomograms from rms' fastbw output objects

Rob James aetiologic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 23:33:15 CEST 2011

There is both a technical and a theoretical element to my question...
Should I be able to use the outputs which arise from the fastbw function
as inputs to nomogram().  I seem to be failing at this, -- I obtain a
subscript out of range error.

That I can't do this may speak to technical failings, but I suspect it
is because Prof Harrell thinks/knows it injudicious. However,  I can't
invent a reason why nomograms should be restricted to the full models,
if the purpose of fastbw is to generate parsimonious models with
appropriate standard errors.

I'd welcome comments on either the technical or the theoretical issues.

Many thanks in advance,

Rob James