[R] fit a marked poisson process using a quadrature scheme with 'spatstat'

Layman123 romanhornung at web.de
Thu Apr 28 18:13:51 CEST 2011

Hello everyone,

My data consists of marked points and several covariates, whereby the marks
are the time points of the observations. The problem is, that one of the
covariates is hard to handle as an image. This covariate represents the type
of roads. As there aren't roads at every location of the map, one cannot
specify the value of the covariate at any point on a grid, which is
necessary to specify an image. To tackle this, I wanted to use a quadrature
scheme and use points on the roads as dummy points instead of a data point
pattern as the outcome variable. The problem I now encounter is, that I
can't give marks to the dummy points, since they are no "real" observations
(and omitting the marks gives an error).
Does somebody know, what to do in such a situation?

Thank you very much in advance! Any tips are appreciated much!

Regards
Roman