[R] for loop with global variables

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 16:31:27 CEST 2011

Yes you can, but there is not enough explaination as to what you
really want to do.  I would suggest that you look at using a 'list'
instead of individual objects:

myList <- list(output.1 = rbind('a','b'), output.2 = rbind('c','d'), ...)

Then you can use 'lapply' to operation on the elements.

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 10:16 AM, ivan <i.petzev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a possibility to use global variables in a for loop. More
> specifically, I want to do the following:
>
> output.1<-rbind("a","b")
> output.2<-rbind("c","d")
> output.3<-rbind("e","f")
> .
> .
> .
> output.n<-rbind(...,...)
>
> next I want to create a data frame with two columns:
>
> Outputs
> Values  output.1 "a","b"  output.2 "c","d"  output.3 "e","f"  .
>  .
>  output.n …,…
> My problem is that I do not how to define a loop over global variables.
> Anybody an idea?
>
> Thanks.

Jim Holtman
Data Munger Guru