[R] R forum for only Statistics

Jeremy Hetzel jthetzel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 14:41:09 CEST 2011

Vincy,

In addition to the R-help mailing list, other forums for R and statistics
that I go to include:

Stackoverflow's R tagged questions
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/r

StackExchange's Stats site:
http://stats.stackexchange.com/

A Google search for R statistics forum shows a few other forums that I'm not
familiar with.  It also shows a previous post to this list on a similar
topic: http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Statistics-forums-td873818.html ,
where, at least in 2008, David Winsemius recommended the three sci.stat.* on
USENET, which are now also on Google Groups (
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forumsearch/sci.stat.*).  Perhaps others
have a better feel for which forums are of higher quality.  The sci.stat.*
groups look a bit overrun with spam these days.

Jeremy