[R] Pause the execution of a function

Lisa lisajca at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 17:42:58 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I am trying to write a script to pause the execution of a function and
provide some additional commands to the function and then continue execution
of the function. For example, when my function detects a wrong number in a
dataset, the function pauses automatically and returns information on the
screen:

“There is a wrong number in the dataset. Would you like to correct it? ”

If I input “yes” from the keyboard and hit the enter key, the function asks
again:

“What is the correct number?”

After inputting a correct number from the keyboard and hitting the enter
key, the function continues to execute.

Can anybody please help how to get this done? Thanks a lot in advance

Lisa