[R] Generalized Linear Model

Alexander Engelhardt alex at chaotic-neutral.de
Mon Apr 25 22:27:02 CEST 2011

Am 25.04.2011 21:28, schrieb Megan:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to run a generalized linear model but do not know where to
> begin. I have attached my data to R but do not know where to go from there.
> I have two independent variables (each has two factors associated with them)

What do you mean by this? You have two input variables, who are binary,
meaning yes/no (or male/female, high/low, ...) variables?

> and two dependent variables, each with either a yes/no response which I've
> valued either 0 or 1 in the data set. Any input would be greatly
> appreciated.

If your dependent variable is binary, you might want to google for
"logistic regression" (this belongs to generalized linear models). The
R-function who handles this is glm(), with the parameter family=binomial().

Have fun,
  Alex