[R] average among one factor in a nested dataframe

Kenneth Roy Cabrera Torres krcabrer at une.net.co
Mon Apr 25 13:14:19 CEST 2011

Hi Junquian:

I try your code (there is a typo, I believe)

a<-rnorm(6)
b<-rnorm(9)
f1<-c("x1","x2","x3")
f2<-c("y1","y2")
id<-c(1:6)
a_df<-data.frame(cbind(id,f1,"y1",a))
id<-c(1:9)
b_df<-data.frame(cbind(id,f1,"y2",b))

But I don't understand the "nested" databases.
I see that both have f1 variable but I do not see f2 variable in any of
them. So, what do you mean with "collapse f2"?

Maybe you need to first "merge()" de databases and then "aggregate()"
them.

Have a nice day!