[R] Retrieve model from R without save

Raji raji.sankaran at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 11:36:38 CEST 2011

Hi All,

  We have an application which uses R algorithms. We are currently using
save() command to store models.But for save() command, we have to give the
filename.But, in our application, we cannot afford to save it in any
specific location. In this case , for accessing the models generated in R ,
we cannot use the save() command since, save () stores the pmml in local
file.

Is there any way in which we can get the model data directly from R without
storing it locally?

Note: Our code is written in Java and we use JRI to connect to R.

Many thanks in advance,
Raji