[R] Two Questions

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 15:29:27 CEST 2011

On 20/04/2011 9:23 AM, Stephen P Molnar wrote:
> Sorry for the somewhat nondescript subject line, but I have two questions:
>

> 1.        What is a really good book on R for a nonprogrammer?

Any book that teaches you the basics of programming would be good, it
doesn't need to be about R.  If you want to use R and remain as a
nonprogrammer, you will not have any easy time.

> 2.       How do I open more than one R Graphics: Device 2(ACTIVE).  That
> what is the R command that I can use to keep more than one plot open.  I am
> running a script from a book on Chemometrics that results in more than one
> graph during the execution, but it seems that R deletes each graph when the
> script calls for the next plot.

dev.new()  will open a new plot window, and subsequent plotting commands
will be drawn there.  dev.set() lets you switch back to drawing on the
original one.

Duncan Murdoch