[R] SPDEP Package, neighbours list for Moran's I on large grid dataset

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Apr 20 13:41:06 CEST 2011

There is a recent thread on the R-sig-geo list that addresses your need,
using a focal function in the raster package. The thread is at:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2011-April/011444.html

That list may be a better place to post on this topic.

Hope this helps,

Roger

Laurent Jégou wrote:

> Hello list members, i'd like to calculate the Moran I on a large dataset,
> 8640x3432 grid of values.
>
> When i try to create the neighbours list with the cell2nb function, on
> such
> a scale, R works for several hours and seems to crash. I'm using the last
> version (2.13), 64 bits, on a mac pro with 4go of memory.
>
> I think that i'm doing it wrong :-)
>
> I'd like to use a "moving window" weight matrix instead of a full scale
> one,
> but i was not lucky enough to find a solution in the docs.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Laurent
>
> --
> Laurent Jégou
> Cartographe et enseignant
> UTM - Dépt. Géographie
> 31058 TOULOUSE Cedex 9 - 05.61.50.43.89
> http://www.univ-tlse2.fr/geoprdc
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

-----
Roger Bivand
Economic Geography Section
Department of Economics
Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration
Helleveien 30
N-5045 Bergen, Norway