[R] odfWeave \ odfTable and encoding

Wincent ronggui.huang at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 12:19:17 CEST 2011

This has been a long-lasting issue without good solution for windows
because windows does not support UTF-8 encoding.

If you are using Linux, you can set UTF-8 locale through Sys.setlocale.

Regards

On 20 April 2011 16:51, kristell.desseaux
<kristell.desseaux at univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I usually use the package Sweave and Latex, but I want to explore the
> opportunities available with odfWeave. So I started exploring this "new"
> package.
>
> I find myself hang while attempting to insert tables in the document
> odt. I built a data.frame to present the results of statistical
> analysis, more complex than a conventional contingency table.
>
> Now when I run the command odfWeave, I get the following error that
> appears.
>
> Post-processing the contents
>
> Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding !

> Erreur : 1: Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding !

> It seems to be an encoding problem since I managed to turn the function
> odfWeave with another type of table less "complex" no accent, no "%" ...
>
> Here is my current configuration, on Windows 7, SessionInfo ()
>
> R version 2.10.1 (2009-12-14)
>
> i386-pc-mingw32
>
> locale:
>
> [1]
> LC_COLLATE=French_France.1252LC_CTYPE=French_France.1252LC_MONETARY=French_France.1252
> LC_NUMERIC=CLC_TIME=French_France.1252
>
> attached base packages:
>
> [1] gridsplinesstatsgraphicsgrDevices utilsdatasetsmethodsbase
>
> other attached packages:
>
> [1] MASS_7.3-4survival_2.35-7
> chron_2.3-38xtable_1.5-6gdata_2.8.0odfWeave_0.7.11 XML_3.2-0lattice_0.17-26

> [1] gtools_2.6.2 tools_2.10.1
>
> I also found this function that allows me to know the encoding in place
> l10n_info R ().
>
> $MBCS
>
> [1] FALSE
>
> $`UTF-8`
>
> [1] FALSE
>
> $`Latin-1`
>
> [1] TRUE
>
> $codepage
>
> [1] 1252
>
> I wanted to know if you knew how to change the encoding of reference in R?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Kristell
>
> --
> Kristell DESSEAUX
>
> Biostatisticienne
>
> Département de Biostatistique et Informatique Médicale
> Hôpital Saint Louis, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux
> 75475 PARIS Cedex 10
>
> Tel : +33 (0)1 42 49 97 48
> Sec : +33 (0)1 42 49 97 42
> Fax : +33 (0)1 42 49 97 45

Wincent Ronggui HUANG
Sociology Department of Fudan University
PhD of City University of Hong Kong
http://asrr.r-forge.r-project.org/rghuang.html