[R] splom, plotmath: how to add three lines of information with alignment?

Marius Hofert m_hofert at web.de
Tue Apr 19 21:52:08 CEST 2011

Dear guys,

I'm almost there... how can I fix the final problems?

Cheers,

Marius

PS: the "info" function is the one I will then try to call within splom...

library(lattice)
library(gridExtra)

## trial 1
info <- function(a,b){
    grid.table(as.expression(substitute(expression(alpha==alph, beta==bet),
        list(alph=a, bet=b))),
               parse=TRUE, # parse labels as expressions
               theme=theme.list(
               gpar.corefill=gpar(fill=NA, col=NA), # make bg transparent
               core.just="left") # justification of labels
               )
}
xyplot(1~1, panel=function(...) info(0.1, 0.5) )

## trial 2
info <- function(a,b){
    grid.table(substitute(expression(alpha==alph, beta==bet),