[R] Where did my packages go ?

eric ericstrom at aol.com
Tue Apr 19 02:51:26 CEST 2011

Running linux 10.04 ubuntu.

Looks like Ubuntu automatically updated to version 2.13. I was running
version 2.12 until today. But now I'm getting error messages when I use the
require or library command and one of the packages I've downloaded in the
past.  For example:

> require(quantmod)
Warning message:
In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical.return
= TRUE,  :
  there is no package called 'quantmod

I noticed under my Home folder in the R folder that I have a
i486-pc-gnu-library subfolder. Inside that sub folder are 3 subfolders
labeled 2.10, 2.12, 2.13. If I look in 2.12, I see a lot of subfolders with
the names of the packages I use (quantmod for instance). If I look in the
2.13 subfolder, there's nothing there at all; it's empty.

So what is the right course of action ?