[R] A question regarding RFreak

James Shaw shawjw at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 23:41:30 CEST 2011

I am using robreg.evol (part of the RFreak package) to fit models via
least trimmed squares (LTS) regression and am encountering the
following error message when attempting to access the coefficients:

Error in fit1$coef : $ operator not defined for this S4 class.

It appears to me that robreg.evol is not saving the estimates in a
form that can be accessed following estimation.  According to
documentation for RFreak, the function is supposed to return an object
of class "evolreg" that contains the parameter estimates.  I am
uncertain whether the error I am receiving is related to to the
version of R being used.  I receive the error message when using R
version 2.12.1.  When using the latest version of R, i.e., 2.13, I
receive a Java error message and cannot get RFreak to work at all.

--
Jim

James W. Shaw, Ph.D., Pharm.D., M.P.H.
Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacy Administration
College of Pharmacy
University of Illinois at Chicago
833 South Wood Street, M/C 871, Room 266
Chicago, IL 60612
Tel.: 312-355-5666
Fax: 312-996-0868
Mobile Tel.: 215-852-3045