[R] Rsquared for anova

Peter Ehlers ehlers at ucalgary.ca
Sun Apr 17 19:43:34 CEST 2011

On 2011-04-17 02:34, Dorien Herremans wrote:
> Thanks for your remarks. I've been reading about R for the last two days,
> but I don't really get when I should use lm or aov.

I don't think that reading about R is the answer at this stage.
It appears to me that you need to learn more about regression.
There are many good introductory books. If you want to learn
the R way at the same time, you could look at the books section
on CRAN. Perhaps Peter Dalgaard's Intro to Stats with R or
An R Companion to Applied Regression by J. Fox and S. Weisberg,
or the books by Verzani or Heiberger/Holland.

After that, you'll find that the R documentation is actually
quite good. Most complaints about R's documentation seem to
amount to complaints that it doesn't teach statistics. That's
a good thing.

About your data: I'm fairly sure that several, if not most, of
your predictors should be factors.

Peter Ehlers