[R] Applying interpolation within a convex hull

sam.e sam.engwell at bristol.ac.uk
Sun Apr 17 00:01:06 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I have been using the Tps function (within the Fields package) for a while
now to interpolate different sedimentary units. Due to the method of
formation of the units I know that at some edges the thickness of the unit
decreases to zero. I was wondering if there was someway to specify that the
interpolation only occurs within the convex hull of the data, outside of
which the the values are zero. I am having problems with the output surface
'curling' up at distance from the data.

Thanks,
Sam