[R] Categorical bubble plot

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Thu Apr 14 22:39:59 CEST 2011

I think using base graphics you would need to use numerical vectors to set the bubble positions.  However there is not reason that you could not suppress the axis labeling and apply your own.

This code does the first part using circles. There are probably better ways to do it but this should work.

See ?par xaxt and yaxt to suppress the labeling and have look at axis for how to add the category labels