[R] Return Level Confidence Intervals

Champion, Adrian a.j.champion at pgr.reading.ac.uk
Thu Apr 14 12:25:12 CEST 2011

Hi

I'm trying to plot several return level plots on the same axes to compare the return levels from different data sets. To do this I am having to manually plot the return levels for return periods. The problem is when I try to plot the automatically calculated confidence intervals as the array length is shorter than the array length for the return periods.

Is there somewhere I can find the array containing the return periods for the confidence intervals? I have a similar issue trying to plot the data points that lie above the threshold.

I've been using both the extRemes and ismev packages, but neither of them save the confidence interval return periods, only the return levels.

Thanks

Adrian

--
Adrian Champion