[R] R plots pdf() does not allow spotcolors?

Hadley Wickham hadley at rice.edu
Wed Apr 13 15:56:59 CEST 2011

> Even so, this would depend on what your publisher/printer
> requires in what you submit. It would be important to obtain
> from them a full and exact specification of what they require
> for colour printing in files submitted to them for printing.

No one else has mentioned this, but the publisher is trying to make
money, not make your life easier.  Sometimes the right thing to do is
say "Hey - you guys are the experts at this, you convert my RGB pdfs
to the correct format".  It's worthwhile to push back a bit to
publishers and get them to do their job.

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/