[R] automate package installation

jkang jkang at imvu.com
Wed Apr 13 02:11:11 CEST 2011

I have an ubuntu image with R installed.  I want to install a list of
packages that does not come with R. eg. cluster, gplots, hacks, mapdata.
etc.  Over time this list may grow.

Is there a config file that can tell R what and where to install additional
packages?  My goal is to store all R packages on a file server so that my
clients can install them on there workstation.  Any tips, advice, example
commands, and scripts are greatly appreciated!