[R] Problem with pairs() in nlme

dgmaccoon dgmaccoon at wisc.edu
Fri Apr 8 23:05:57 CEST 2011

The age of this post makes me hope there is an easy response from someone.

When I do the following with Orthodont built-in dataset:

library(nlme)

OrthoFem<-Orthodont[Orthodont$Sex=="Female",]

fm1OrthF.lis<-lmList( distance ~ age,data = OrthoFem)

I get the same error:

Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
  unable to find an inherited method for function "lmList", for signature
"formula", "nfnGroupedData"

Since this is straight out of Pinheio & Bates book and the same thing
happens when I use the example posted with ?lmList, I have no idea what to
do.

Thank you.