[R] integration

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Sat Apr 9 04:46:14 CEST 2011

?integrate

From: r-help-bounces at r-project.org [r-help-bounces at r-project.org] On Behalf Of cindy Guo [cindy.guo3 at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2011 9:21 PM
To: r-help at r-project.org
Subject: [R]  integration

Hi, All,

I have a density function with 3 variables which is defined on some
irregular domain, and I want to get the marginal distribution of each
variable. Is there any function doing this?

A simple example is p(x,y,z)=x*y*z*I(xy>z). So each marginal distribution is
a function of the other two variables. My density form is very complicated,
so I cannot do it by hand. I was just wondering if there is any function in
R for this?

Thanks,

Cindy