[R] multivariate t distribution

statfan irene_vrbik at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 7 02:53:51 CEST 2011

I have been working the the pmt function in the {mnormt} package and which
requires

"S	 a positive definite matrix representing the scale matrix of the
distribution, such that S*df/(df-2) is the variance-covariance matrix when
df>2; a vector of length 1 is also allowed (in this case, d=1 is set)"

is there a way that I can specify the scale covariance matrix instead?  Or
alternatively, how do I convert the scale covariance matrix into this
positive definite S matrix.  Thanks in advanced.