[R] power of 2 way ANOVA with interaction

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Mon Apr 4 18:02:46 CEST 2011

You can use simulation:

1. decide what you think your data will look like
2. decide how you plan to analyze your data
3. write a function that simulates a dataset (common arguments include sample size(s) and effect sizes) then analyzes the data in your planned manner and returns the p-value(s) or other statistic(s) of interest
4. run the function from 3 a bunch (1000 or more) times, the replicate function is useful for this (progress bars can also be useful)
5. the proportion of times that the results are significant is your estimate of power

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org