[R] Polar coordinates - contour plots

koen koen666 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 30 18:36:11 CEST 2010

Like Todor I have been trying to make a contour plot using polar coordinates,
unfortunately without success.
The problem with converting to a cartesian system and plotting using e.g.
filled.contour is that this function requires the same amount and value of x
values for each y-value and also the different way around.
I have a very simple dataset with 360 values at 10 equidistant radii (say
seq(10)) for 36 polar angles (say seq(36)*10/(2*pi)). There must be a simple
way to do this in R! I can imagine more people having had the same problem
and a solution is at hand..
However I have not found an R-package suitable to do the job. Can anyone
help out?

Cheers,

Koen