[R] (OT) Change of email address

(Ted Harding) ted.harding at wlandres.net
Thu Sep 30 11:36:51 CEST 2010

On 30-Sep-10 09:02:18, Jim Lemon wrote:
> On 09/30/2010 03:27 AM, Kevin E. Thorpe wrote:
>> Ted is well aware of how to change his list email.  He was advising
>> people on the list who who have his old email address in their address
>> books to remove it.
>>
> How can we be sure, Kevin? This may be a desperate cry for help from
> Ted, cast adrift from the security of familiar names and overlearned
> routines. Should we abandon our dear e-correspondent in his hour of
> need? No! We must rally round, in a sort of symbolic way, and send
> instructions. We're still here, Ted, and you're not alone.
>
> Jim

I am overwhelmed!!! Just for the record: Kevin got it exactly right,
and any instructions for changing my subscribed addresses in r-help,
etc., had already been executed by me. I was indeed broadcasting a
notification, to any to whom it might apply (but whom I might not
be explicitly aware of myself), that they should update their
records.

So, Jim, is this enough to make it sure? Or are people's depths of
concern and worry so intense that there remain doubts as to my
well-being which still need to be addressed?

With thanks for the solidarity!
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <ted.harding at wlandres.net>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861