[R] Controling R from MS Access

Felipe Carrillo mazatlanmexico at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 22:43:59 CEST 2010

HI:
I've seen a few threads about this topic but
still can't find a straightforward way on this.

Is there a package that can control R within an access form. For example,
I want to send a query to R, perform some statistics in R and send the output or
summary back to Access and display it on a form. I can do this using Excel as
the

'middleman' but was wondering if it can be done straight from access. I can open
R and

send data to Access but I prefer to do it the other way around so that I can
automate the

process with VBA. It is real easy to control R from Excel with RExcel but can't
find any
examples where Access is used. Thanks for any advice.

Felipe D. Carrillo
Supervisory Fishery Biologist
Department of the Interior
US Fish & Wildlife Service