[R] efficient equivalent to read.csv / write.csv

statquant2 statquant at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 14:38:11 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,
I currently run R code that have to read 100 or more large csv files (>= 100
Mo), and usually write csv too.
My collegues and I like R very much but are a little bit ashtonished by how
slow those functions are. We have looked on every argument of those
functions and if specifying some parameters help a bit, this is still too
slow.
I am sure a lot of people have the same problem so I thought one of you
would know a trick or a package that would help speeding this up a lot.

(we work on LINUX Red Hat R 2.10.0 but I guess this is of no use for this
pb)

Thanks for reading this.
Have a nice week end