[R] "statistic" term in boot function

alfredo alfredotello at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 18:45:23 CEST 2010

Hi and thanks for your replies (I'm sorry to be a bit late......),

I think I might be being a bit thick on this, but I truly would not be
asking if I had not already gone through the manuals and examples in the
web. I just want to be sure I got Jorge's example.

the function <function(v,index)mean(v[index])> is a generic function used to
tell boot to take a random sample with replacement from the data, and the
"index" vector is generated by the boot function and takes values 1:N (N
being the e.g., length of the vector of the data being resampled). Is this
correct?

Thanks again for your help.

Best,