[R] randomForest - PartialPlot - reg

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Fri Sep 24 13:01:39 CEST 2010

In a partial dependence plot, only the relative scale, not absolute
scale, of the y-axis is meaningful.  I.e., you can compare the range of
the curves between partial dependence plots of two different variables,
but not the actual numbers on the axis.  The range is compressed
compared to the original data because of averaging.  For classification,
the function is computed in the logit scale, so it's not necessarily
positive.  High does mean higher probability for the target class.

Andy