[R] hdf-files

Thu Sep 23 15:59:54 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Katrin Fleischer
<katrin.fleischer at falw.vu.nl> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have data in HDF file format and would like to read it into R.
> I have tried the package hdf5 without success.

What type of errors are you getting?

> Any ideas and suggestions??

Sure, from:
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-data.html

"Packages hdf5, RNetCDF and ncdf on CRAN provide interfaces to NASA's HDF5 ..."

I'm not familiar with the differences between hdf5 and netCDF, but
perhaps those other packages can help (I see that they've been more
recently updated, anyway ...).

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou