[R] "statistic" term in boot function

alfredo alfredotello at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 18:24:40 CEST 2010

Hi There,

Just a question regarding the function that is specified to boot (I have
read the help, the manual and online examples.........). The description of
boot says that the second argument of "statistic" (non parametric bootstrap)
must be a vector of indices, frequencies or weights which define the
bootstrap sample. If what I will be bootstrapping is e.g., the mean of a
vector of length N and I want each observation in the vector to be given
equal weight, should the second argument be a vector containing "N" 1's?

Thanks beforehand for your help.

Best,