[R] Can ucminf be installed in 64 bit R and one more question?

Hey Sky heyskywalker at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 18:07:47 CEST 2010

hey, Ravi

yes. I have tried the hessian() in the numDeriv package and it is the same
package ucminf() uses to calculate the hessian matrix while having the option
"hessian=1".

maybe I should avoid the word fail but instead using some others. anyway, what I
mean in the former post is the hessian(), the optim(...hessian=T...)  or
ucminf(...hessian=1...) give a NaN for std.err, which a negative variance
appears. but the ucminf( ... hessian=3 ...) will not generate negative variance.
I am curious how the hessian here has been calculated.

hope I expressed the situation clear

PS, for the zero hessian matrix I met before, I think it might be the function
curve is too flat at the initial value, since the second order derivation shows
the curvature of the curve. any possible suggestions for it?

Nan