[R] predict.lrm ( Design package) poor performance?

Chris Mcowen chrismcowen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 14:04:18 CEST 2010

Thats great thanks

I guess it is hard to not use % as a performance measure when that is what is commonly used in everyday life.

So when i come to predicting the response of new data ( using the estimated mean Y ) which i am more comfortable with i can say -

Species A - 2.12 - Therefore this is category 2
Species B - 2.72 - Therefore this is category 3

(on a side note, i had no species with a rating of 6 - the upper category?)

The problem comes in explaining this to my peers who are non-statsistcally minded. What you are saying is if i bootstrapp and report the c-values and Bieber scores etc this is sufficient to give an indication of confidence?