[R] Trouble installing pwr package

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Sep 21 19:16:55 CEST 2010

On Sep 21, 2010, at 1:01 PM, Erik Iverson wrote:

> Brian J Mingus wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I'm having trouble getting access to the pwr. This is on Ubuntu
>> Lucid Lynx,
>> 64 bit.
>> I'm installing pwr via packages.install('pwr'), and loading it via
>> library(pwr), both of which appear successful.
>
> Perhaps the actual output would help here.
>
>> Strangely, I never get access to the pwr object in R.
>
> Not familiar with the package, but is there such a thing
> as the 'pwr object'?

It does not appear that there is such a thing. There is an entry for
the package overview:

help("pwr-package", package=pwr)   # and ...

help(pwr.f2.test, package=pwr)  # says its result is :
"Object of class '"power.htest"', a list of the arguments (including
the computed one) augmented with 'method' and 'note' elements."

>> I tried installing it to /usr/local/lib/R/site-library and
>> ~/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library.
>
> So, where does .libPaths() tell you it knows about?
>
>> I also tried installing it with R CMD INSTALL pwr.

But if library(pwr) succeeded, then the package is installed. What is
the problem you (Brian) are facing?
--
David.
MacOSX 10.5.8/R2.11.1/pwr-1.1.1