[R] Combined plot: Scatter + density plot

Jannis bt_jannis at yahoo.de
Tue Sep 21 10:50:02 CEST 2010

Hi Ralf,

I am sure there is a function to do exactly that but I am not sure what is the name and the package (Try plotrix or gregmisc...). To help you with your problem we would need a reproducible example with your data, not the example which obviously works.

As a guess, when you run

info <- hist(x)

it should save you all the information regarding bin sizes etc into "info" and you can start from there. That should also work with probabilities.

Best
Jannis