[R] predict.lrm ( Design package)

Peter Dalgaard pd.mes at cbs.dk
Mon Sep 20 16:23:17 CEST 2010

On Sep 20, 2010, at 15:50 , Frank Harrell wrote:

> You sent a private note about this which I just took the time to answer.
> Please send only one note, and please post my reply to you to r-help.

I have been annoyed by this at times as well. However, I have come to suspect that it is actually the mailer (computer program) rather than the sender (human being) that is doing this. It appears that _sometimes_, depending on the phase of the moon and the water levels in lake Wivenhoe, as well as may be other circumstances, a wide reply gets sent as two separate mails, one to the original sender and another to the Cc: list. Of course, with the familiar effect that you follow-up in a private mail, only to see the question going public an instance later. By principle, I rarely do follow-ups in private, so it is not that much of an issue for me.