[R] R on ESS

Erik Iverson eriki at ccbr.umn.edu
Sat Sep 18 05:08:17 CEST 2010

On 09/17/2010 09:52 PM, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Debian 504 64-bit
> Emacs Version 22.1.1
>
> I have Emacs+ESS running on the box.  R can work on ESS.  But the fonts on the
> menu bar (top) of Emacs are NOT clear, difficult to read, grey foreground.  I
> have been
>
> googling around for solution without result.  Please help.

Very hard to say since it probably is a function of any particulars on the
system, including how Emacs was compiled.

I would recommend using a newer Emacs if possible.  Versions 23 and newer
have the ability to use antialiased fonts, which many find more pleasing.
(Some don't.).

This also is an Emacs question, so you should either ask on an Emacs
mailing list (although I see you already did ask on emacs-help), or
on ESS-help, but not R-help.