[R] Preparing data frame for Plotrix kiteChart

Graham Smith graham.smith at myotis.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 19:32:13 CEST 2010

Although, I can fix this, I am trying to sort out something as
straighforward as possible for my students, and I have some questions
that hopefully someone can help me with.

My data is:

Species	Distance	Count
A	5		0
A	10		5
A	15		5
A	20		3
A	25		1
B	5		8
B	10		20
B	15		28
B	20		12
B	25		12
C	5		5
C	10		12
C	15		19
C	20		27
C	25		34

But I am struggling to get this into a data frame that does what I
expect. I have tried various arrangements.

What I am hoping for is:

an x-axis labelled "Distance" with tick marks at 0, 5, 10,15,20 and 25.

And, an y-axis labelled "Species" and tick marks labelled A, B and C.

So I would appreciate some help on how the data should be prepared for
kiteChart, to maximise the lablels being added automatically. If possible.

Many thanks,

Graham