[R] Instal R on OS X Server

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Sep 16 17:54:43 CEST 2010

On Sep 16, 2010, at 11:25 AM, James Nead wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to install R in my home directory on a Mac OS X Server
> running
> Darwin. How do I go about installing it? How can I install from the
> binary
> provided (R-2.11.1.pkg) from command line?

It's not really an rhelp question, is it? More of a Google question in
my opinion. I cannot say for sure that MacOSX Server is the same as
regular MacOSX but if it isn't, then there are not too many people on
rhelp  who will know. The first hit deals with a somewhat more complex
operation and you probably only need the lines that deal with you
local box:

http://codesnippets.joyent.com/posts/show/322

See if this answer adds anything useful, since it appears to be
regarding OSX-Server:

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20030614230204397

> Is there any other information that I can provide?

I suggest you read the Posting Guide.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT