[R] Local Variable

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 17:44:17 CEST 2010

Leaving aside the question of whether this is a good thing to do, you
can accomplish what you want by changing the pos argument, which
by default does not save the variable to the global environment.

Reading the details section of ?assign and also ?environment may help.

I'd offer an example, but your function doesn't work as-is because I don't
have any idea what the get statements are supposed to be getting.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org